BrainHoney includes an Administrator Dashboard that allows you to view a summary of the student and instructor activity within your domain. The Dashboard is divided into two sections, the Student Summary and the Instructor Summary.
The Student Summary is at the top of the Dashboard View and shows active and past information.
Active information includes data for all of the current courses that are in progress, including the following:
• Total Enrollments. The total number of students enrolled in all courses
• Failing. The total number of students that meeting the Failing criteria
• At Risk. The total number of students that are meeting the At Risk criteria
• Succeeding. The total number of students that are meeting the Succeeding criteria
• Pie chart of the number of students Failing (red), At Risk (yellow) and Succeeding (green)
The Failing, At Risk, and Succeeding indicators are based on a weighted average of each students' performance in all of the courses in which they are enrolled. Succeeding performance has a weight of 1, At Risk performance a weight of 2, and Failing performance a weight of 4.
Past information includes all courses that were previously completed by students, including the following data:
• Total Enrollments. The total number of courses multiplied by the number of students in each course
• Completed. A summary of the number of students that completed one or more courses
• Performance. A summary of the overall performance of the students during the past period
Like the Active indicators, the Past indicators are based on a weighted average of all student performance in all courses.
The Instructor Summary is located beneath the Student Summary and shows active and past data per instructor. On the left are the instructors currently teaching one or more courses. The right side shows data on Active and Past periods, including the following:
• Number of students enrolled in all of their courses and the total number of students taught in previous courses
• Teacher responsiveness in grading assignments, posts, and exams
• Aggregate student performance of all students in all courses being taught by the instructor and aggregate student performance of all students in all courses that were taught by the instructor in the past
• Aggregate student pace (how well they are keeping up) of all students in all courses being taught by the instructor
• Total number of students that completed a course taught by the instructor
Responsiveness, performance, and pace use green, yellow, and red indicators. The meaning of these indicators is highlighted below:
Responsiveness indicates how quickly the instructor grades outstanding items:
Green circle. All submitted gradable items to the instructor are being graded within 2 days or less.
Yellow circle. One or more submitted gradable items to the instructor have gone 3 or more days ungraded.
Red circle. One or more submitted gradable items to the instructor have gone 6 or more days ungraded.
Performance indicates student performance in the instructor's courses:
Green circle. Aggregate students are performing above 10% of the minimum grade for the course.
Yellow circle. Aggregate students have failed in 1 of their last five submissions or they are within 10% of failing the course.
Red circle. Aggregate students have failed 2 of their last five submissions or they are failing the course.
Pace is an overall measurement of all the teacher's students' progression through courses.
Green circle. Aggregate students are submitting all gradable items on time or less than 10% are past due.
Yellow circle. Aggregate students have 10% or more of gradable items past due.
Red circle. Aggregate students have 30% or more of gradable items past due.
Note: The green, yellow, and red indicators update on a periodic basis based on the gradebook data for all domain courses. They are not updated in real time.
To view additional detail regarding instructor data, click on the name of an instructor. The Instructor Dashboard will display for the selected instructor.